Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Achievements

Most teenagers cannot claim some great accomplishment such as finding a cure for a disease or saving someone from a burning building. But, to some people’s surprise, teenagers are capable of more than they’re given credit for. Helen Hayes, an actress in the early 1900’s, once said, “Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you.” Everyone, no matter their age or circumstances, can give their best.


Personally, I feel there are quite a few things I can be proud of doing my best at. Throughout high school, for example, I have been able to maintain over a 4.0 GPA despite taking many difficult honors and AP courses. Although this was at times stressful and often required much of my free time to be spent studying, it was something that was important to me. As I prepare to fill out college applications, I’m glad I was able to achieve this goal I set freshman year.


One recent reward of keeping my GPA high was being accepted into the Summer Scholars Program. Getting into this program was also an achievement. Although there was more the entrance process of the program, grades and GPA was one big part. There were many applicants and it took much time for them to decide who the participants would be. The wait was worth it, and now I can tell others that I was able to participate in this great program.

No comments: