Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Influence

While one may choose a famous athlete or actor as his person to admire, I chose someone who affects my life everyday. My mom has been the biggest influence on me. Each day, my mom teaches me something I will be able to use either now or in the future.


My mom is a woman who works very hard each day. She had my sister and me at a pretty young age, and was a single parent for most of my life. Even though she was the only supporter and disciplinarian, she succeeded in raising two great daughters.


Family is very important to my mom. She has always tried to instill good family values in my sister and I. I feel that this has affected not only how much time I spend with my family now, but also how much time I will spend with my family in the future. I know that I will want to spend a great amount of time with my family in the future and instill the same family values in my children. Hopefully, they will continue the cycle.


My mom is not only a hard worker, but also a good example. Unlike most adult figures, she follows a saying of “Do as I say and as I do.” This has always been something I’ve looked up to her for. She is someone I am grateful to be able to model myself after.

No comments: