Monday, June 16, 2008

My First Week

My first week in the summer scholars program was great. The most encouraging and motivating thing about this week was having other students just like me around. Spending the week with my peers has helped me to comfortably enter college life. The program has provided us with a study group and facilitator. My facilitator is one of the best. She has given us great ideas on ways to study and take notes. She is also reading the book as we read it, so she can answer any questions we may have. I appreciate the time and effort she puts in for us.

The week was full of activities that helped me get to know and learn more about the other scholars. The most challenging activity we did was the Commitment Trail. This rope course helped me to trust my peers and overcome some of my fears. It was difficult, but fun at the same time. Another difficult thing was staying up late and waking up early while we stayed on campus, but this was probably a good representation of true campus life. I’m grateful to have been able to participate in this program.

No comments: